Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Apple IIGS to RGB Adapter


On my hobby desk I usually keep my 9inch Sony monitor sitting around as it does not take up a lot of room. It supports composite as well as RGB so I can quickly connect up any of my Apple II variants. For the IIGS I've been using a bogey custom cable that I knocked up a long time ago. It's always been a pain for the times when I need the cable to be just a fraction longer. So it's been on my to do list for a while to put together an adapter so that I can use any of my various length component RGB cables. I recently put in to get a bunch of PCB boards made up and took the opportunity to include a PCB for a IIGS video to RGB adapter. I've allowed for a spot to attach an extra RCA socket in case I ever have a monitor which requires an external Sync signal.



No comments: